Friday, July 17, 2009

We're Moving!

I'm having creativity block today. I was going to blog about muffins, but I just cant seem to find anything witty to say. Don't get me wrong, they were great muffins. Moist, sweet, buttery. I just don't have it in me to write about muffins today. So, if you'll bear with me, I shall ramble. If you don't want to bear with me, I understand.

We bought a house. Yes! In this economy, we bought a house. My husband is a firefighter so he has pretty good job security. Emergency services are usually last to go in budget cuts. My mother has already informed me that if we go into foreclosure that it will be okay, it's not the first time it's happened to someone. Gee, mom, thanks for the burst of confidence.

Would you like to see a picture of our house? Okay here tis....

Not bad, huh? It's not huge or grand. But it's mine. At least it will be in 33 years. I'm really excited about this house, because we've rented for almost 3 years. The house we owned before that was a whopping 788 square feet. It had a pretty good sized kitchen and living room, but the bedrooms and the bathroom were tiny. This house has 3 big bedrooms, a master bath in my bedroom(yay!) and another guest bathroom. I also have a dish washer. Those of you who have dish washers, please don't make fun of me. It's been 2 years since I've had a dishwasher, and I'm probably more excited about this than anything else in the entire house. Besides the garden tub. And the huge backyard. And my own walk in closet. But I digress. As someone who cooks and bakes a lot, a dishwasher is almost a must have. I say almost, because I've been doing it for the last 2 years without one, and I have lived. Not entirely unscathed mind you, because my hands look like they belong to a *ahem* much older woman than me. ( I was going to say an age, but I don't want to offend.)

We will close on the house on August 14Th. Since we haven't owned anything in 3 years we are considered first time home buyers, so we qualify for the 8,000 dollar tax credit. I have conflicting feelings about this. On one hand, we can pay off all our debt. Except for the house, obviously. On the other hand, where's all this money coming from? I see company after company being bailed out by the government. I know that some money has to be spent, I understand that. But this is starting to take on scary proportions. But again, I digress.

So, I guess today's post is about moving. And I'm very excited that we have a new house. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this moment to come.Thanks for reading my ramblings. It makes me feel so much better. Ta-Ta for now! (Name that character.)

3 comments:

  1. WOW YAY!!!! I am so excited for you guys! we are first time home buyers and just bought our house in January when we moved home from NC (husbands a soldier) I totally understand the dishwasher issue, I am a baker as well and didnt have one in NC. Unfortunately the military is making us move again after only 9 months here in WA, to Kentucky...we arent even "allowed" to sell yet, its ugly...still you are totally helping out the economy so thanks!!! now excuse me while I curl up in a ball and read twilight because reality can be suckish. CONGRATS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute place!!! Our house is less than 700 sq feet, so I feel you. I can't wait to move into a bigger place. I also went years without a dishwasher, so I understand that too. I was ECSTATIC when we got ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It looks really nice! I can totally understand about the dishwasher. I went without for a few years myself. It's a wonder of modern technology, I tell you, LOL.

    ReplyDelete