Friday, June 26, 2009

If You Would Just Obey Your Mother, Life Would Be So Much Easier

Today I let Middle Child dress herself. I was in the shower and figured she could handle the putting on of the clothes. I then proceeded to tell her to brush her teeth and comb her hair. All of the sudden, I heard "Mama, this comb is stuck in my hair." "What were you doing?" "I was trying to twirl it around." Hmmmm.....okay. So begins the lesson on what happens when we disobey. And it was a doozy.

So here is our problem.
I pulled and tugged for almost 10 minutes trying to get this untangled out of her hair. She's really got it in there. Finally, I gave up. I told her we were going to a Hair Salon and get it cut out. And she totally freaked. She wants long, flowy, princess hair. This was not conducive to long, flowy, princess hair.


Then something hits her like a ton of bricks. She had to go out in public. Like this. With a red comb stuck in her hair. She was not a happy camper.

Isn't this picture priceless?

Did I mention we had VBS tonight? She was NOT going to VBS with her hair like this!

So anyway, I was in the bathroom getting myself ready and wonder of wonders! She got it out herself! I was really surprised. She must've been really worried about that haircut! I then proceeded to tell her, "When I tell you to do something just do it". Don't twirl it around, don't play around. Just do what your told. I'm sure that sunk in.

So crisis averted. Until the next one. I'm sure you'll be hearing about another one shortly!

1 comment:

  1. My 2 1/2 year old has VERY slow growing hair and she would DIE if this happened! I am so glad she was able to get it out. Crisis averted!

    ReplyDelete